Saturday, October 15, 2005

Could I be more of a girl?

For the record, I have to state tht I m not your typical girlie girl who has spent a lifetime dreaming of her white wedding. Not my thing. I expect that, if I get married, I would like a very simple non-religious ceremony followed by a huge party in my mom backyard (bar-b-que, beer, all the people I love, and lots of laughs). That is just my thing. It seems more natural.
Now why has this come up? Today I was reading a magazine and there was something about engagement rings and celebrity stylings. This coupled with the fact that I just got to check out the lovely JM's new bling got me thinking about what I would wear. And curiosity about the engagement ring I will buy myself when I turn 40 and realize I am unmarried and single and decide to throw myself one of those crazy "I love myself" parties.
So I found this web page and i have discovered that I am CHEAP! Everything I like is on the inexpensive scale. YAY! I'm cheap.
Here is my question..if i love these rings, would it be weird for me to buy one for myself and wear them on my right hand? As opposed to wearing them as an actual "engagement ring". They are all antique/art-deco style so they don't look engagement ring-y. Opinions? What do you think?

1 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, Blogger Christy said...

Go for it! I've already decided to buy myself a rock for my 30th. After I skydive, of course. A little reward for making it to the big 3-0 without settling for someone completely unworthy. Buy yourself the ring and wear it with pride. Hell, wear it on the left hand if you want.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home