Monday, November 01, 2004

Monday Monday

Hello everyone! Happy Monday! I hope everyone reading this had a great weekend and went out and ate candy until they were sick.
I have to say I am feeling much better since my mini-breakdown on Friday. Between exhaustion and exhaustion - I just cracked. But my weekend was so busy I didn't have time to feel bad about anything. Friday night, my friend Ryan (who coincedentally lives next door to me) msn'ed me at about 8ish asking if i wanted to go see The Grudge with him. I didn't think it was quite as bad as everyone else did. But I went out with EXTREMELY low expectations. SO I'm sure that helped. A couple of fun scares.Then I cam home and passed out (so tired). The next morning I woke up bright and early, made myself a big breakfast, and then met Elana for some I Heart Huckabees action. The movie was ok. A little too deep for my liking. I felt a little like they were trying too hard and at some points, it just kinda lost my interest. I guess I'm just not into the existential crises. But if you are into that, I think it is a great movie. The characters are funny and likeable and the cast is awesome. After the movie, Elana and I did some shopping (I needed some red tights for my costume) and then I ate some street meat ( mmmmm...street meat) and then I headed home to relax and prepare for my parties.
So this was my costume - red tights, wonder woman underoos, skirt, and half buttoned up short. Who wasI? Wonder Woman in the middle of a costume change. I know I know, I'm so dcreative and no, there are NO pictures.
Then Cindy picked me up (love her) and we went to a part at her friend Vicky's. The party was lots of fu nand V went all out with the decorating .They have a great place up at Avenue and Eglington. The people there were super friendly and i even tied up a priests costume. I kept worrying that I would tie it too tight and choke a priest. That can't be good for your karma. Then we headed off to Mel's party (a girl who works here at Segal with me) where i got to hang out with the Segal gang and have some laughs (my favorite part being when Aaron's housemate leaned over to give Cindy a kiss...the look of horror and confusion on her face was priceless). At about 2, I crawled into bed and passed out.
The next day I woke up late (or so I thought) and was TOTALLY confused by the time (one clock said 11 and one said 10) and then I realized we had set the clocks back.Once I figured that all out, I headed out for a long walk to meet Cameron for brunch and a play. We went to see The Rat Pack which is a simulation of a Las Vegas show with Sintra, Martin, and Sammy David Jr. It was really fun - especially if you like that kind of music. I was so into it. I love that old music and those old kinda of stage shows. It is so classic. Nothing like what we have today which are these big production. This is so casual and fun and laid back. Sometimes i think I was born in the wrong era. Cam and i went through the Mirvish productions book and decided there are at least 2 other plays we wanna see in the next 6-8 months. It is SO nice ot have someone to see plays with .I love that stuff.
After the play, we grabbed a snack and I headed up to my hood to have a coffee with my friend Mike, who i haven't had a chance to see yet (since the move) . And it was great hanging and talking with him (although I talked his ear off).
Then I finally made it home and today I am taking the night off to just relax and do laundry and clean. Exciting huh?
So, who out there went out for Halloween? I want to see costume pictures!!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home