Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Today

So today I did the untinkable. I brought in my Camilla Scott tape to work. I thought everyonehere would enjoy a laugh at my expense. And they did. And I think it broke the ice a little. Something about being willing to suspend all humility and laughing at yourself makes people like you more. So everyone here is having a good laugh and I'm hiding at my desk, giggling and bright red.

Nothing exciting to report. Went home last night and finished my book - "The Secret History" by Donna Tartt. The book was ok but I didnt' like the end. That is the most unfortunate thing about so many books, the book is good but the end leaves you feeling incomplete and undure about what happened and what you are supposed to think. It is so disappointing.

I need to start some kind of book club website so I can post and have other people post the good books they read so we can all share info and recommendations. Wouldn't that be good? I'm so going to look into that.

I've been bonding with a much music VJ all day. Turns out he went to Selwyn like my brother. SO nice to find MOntrealers in this city..makes it all feel more homey.
I'm getting more and more excited to see everyone this weekend. I'm trying to control it and not get too thrilled, but as the day get closer, I'm closer to going home. I can't wait! :)

Ok,that is it for me. I'm gonna keep on plugging away here.


Good times!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home