Wednesday, October 20, 2004

So yesterday I was thrilled to find out that the lovely Paul from Montreal would be staying with me for a night (for those of you on MSN, you are familiar with my MSN picture. I was ticking out my tongue AT Paul in that picture. His presence, is everywhere!). It was very exciting for me to have a guest, especially when I can't live without my taste of Montreal.
I got even better news during the day when my friend from Sony Music called and told me he managed to get his hands on two tickets for the Cake concert. Paul and I were SO excited.
We ran out to the subway, headed downtown. Grabbed some gross chinese fast food and ran over to Massey Hall.
The show started with rap girls Northern State. Paul wasn't so impressed with them but i thought they were pretty good. Paul called them the rap version of the Spice Girls. I would have ot argue with that..they had a flare and a style I could appreciate. Aren't a lot of women (white women) who can rap like that. So I give them kudos. I may buy/listen to the album.
Then Cake took the stage and they were AWESOME! I loved the show. The songs were cool, they played lots of tunes from their first few albums (Sheep Go To Heaven, Frank Sinatra, Comanche, Stickshifts and Safety Belts) and lots from the new album as well (No Phone, Wheels, Carbon Monoxide). They were SO interactive, making us all sing along to No Phone, Sheep to go Heaven, and my favorite part being when they had us all yelling "Shut the Fuck" at them for minutes on end. The crowd was TOTALLY into it and excited. It was so much fun.
Then they left and the crowd went crazy and out they came for the encore, which was also rockin' - and ended with my favorite tune - I Will Survive. We were SO sad when the show ended. They put on an amazing show that made me like Cake so much more then I already did, which was a lot! If you don't know them, check 'em out.

Paul and I then grabbed some street meat, crawled home, watch a bit of my Best of Will Farell DVD and crawled off to bed. It was a lovely night.

Now I am in work mode. So exciting.

How is everyone out there? Tell me some exciting stories!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home