Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Doubts

I'd be lying if I said I never had a moment where I doubt my life choices. Of late, I find I doubt them pretty often. This move...this job...this career path as a whole. The industry I work in is often about men. That makes it really hard when you are not a man to be successful. Men are threatened by a woman with a brain or an opinion or a better success rate. It is really unfortunate. And if you are sensitive at all...or if you take thesse things personally, it is hard not to get hurt. Since I left my last job, I've heard of all sorts of bad behavior on the part of people I used to work with. It doesn't impress me. A lot of trash talking and then not accepting responsibility for it. People are not brave enough to just come out and address their issues. And, like you may have read in an earlier blog, these people take for granted that it won't get back to the person you are talking about. I find it so frustrating and insulting.
Moments like that, when I hear about people acting that way - that is when I feel like moving on to something different and new. Granted, every industry must have some of that, but sometimes i would just like a clean page. A fresh start. Something totally new where i don't have to deal with people's stupid egos.
Lesson learned for me too though .Trust no one. People are you friend, in business, as long as they need you. after which you become disposable.

Long weekend was great. Lots of rest. Great thanksgiving dinner (thanks again Jen and Mark) and hanging out with friends.
Where would I be without good people to spend time with here?
Today, I feel frustrated.

"Revenge is sweet. Sweeter than tiramisu." - writer Kathy Lette

1 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

More is loss by indecision than by bad decision.
Don't regret your choices.
Don't look back.
Remember the past so you don't reproduce it, but don't live in it.

It all sounds like good advice to me.
But what do I know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home