Monday, October 18, 2004

Ok, so today's entry comes a little late!

Late in the day that is. It's 5pm and I realized I hadn't said a word about my weekend of insanity! We have a big event coming up next week (The Roots live..woohoo!) so I've been laminating passes and organizing event stuff all day. But I'm here and reporting live.

So this past weekend was awesome. Let's start off with Friday.
Friday at noon, my co-worker Chris and I leave work to drive up to Niagara for the EB party we were thorwing - with The Killers! So en route, we have to stop at the kosher store and pick p a kosher meal..very exciting and then had not-so-good pizza in Hamilton. Then we hopped in the car and through torrential rain we drove until arriving on the ouskirts of Niagara Falls. The clouds parted, the angels sang, and I got ready for the tackiest most awesome place in Canada. I was kittery with excitement. Who loves all things cheezy more than me? We got there and it was awesome. An event at Planet Hollywood which looks right out on the falls. Woohoo! Then, the Killers arrived and ridiculousness ensued.

#1) In the elevator with the band, bringing them up to their "green room". The drummer, who is no more than an inch from my face because of the packed elevator says to me: "are you a lady of the lord?". I was shocked and trying not to burst out laughing. So I answer with "um, no.". And he says "well you should be." and I ask why. and he says "because it's all you got....'cause your with the Killers.".
Chhhheeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzyyyyyyyy!
#2) Going to pick them up before they perform. In the hotel. Same guy comes up to me and says, just washed my pants. Smell them. And despite me adamantly refusing. He walks over and sticks his knee in my face and gives me no option. Bounce fresh!
#3) I go up to them after the show..all talking about how good the show was. I say to the drummer (the same guy as above)..good performance up there. He looks at me and says "you should see me in the sack. I immediately, make some excuse and RUN!
#4) (and final) After talking about how you should not wear a Roots t-shirt in Australia because to root someone means to have sex with them. Dude turns to me and says: I wanna root you. Once again, I make some excuse, turn, and run.
It was all so funny.
Then I went up to my room and Cindy and I hung out with Aaron and Stu (some of the guys we work with) and had a hilarious night of hanging out and laughing and taking stupid pictures of ourselves. It was hilarious.

Saturday was lovely, C inday and I woke up late. Then walked around a bit in Niagara, looked at the falls (it was raining so we just looked through the car windows) and then went outlet shopping where i bought a coat I feel in love with (although I shouldn't have spent the money) all in all, a great day.

When I got home, I had about an hour to relax before heading out to dinner with an old friend Johanna. We went to a great restuarant called Swan that I thouroughly enjoyed. Mmmmm..yummy!
From there, Johanna and I headed off to Mitch's party wherei got to watch Johanna work the room. The boys loved her. Then I crawled home and wanted to pass out.
But, I was up bright and early the next morning to have brunch with the lovely Jen Samuel, do a little more shopping (LOVE WINNERS) and then headed out to meet Cameron to see Team America. Now that movie is funny. What is it about puppet sex that is SO hilarious. Problem is, as usual, I heard too much about it before going in and it set my expectations WAY too high. But i still enjoyed it and can see why people fund it so funny. After that, Cam and I headed out ot Licks..my fave burger joint for yummy burgers.mmmm.

That was it. That was my exciting weekend. It was really good.

Now here I am this week..workin 'away. Getting ready for a weekend in Montreal (I'm so excited) and then for next week's big event! I can't wait.

Tonight, I am off to the library and then the grocery store and home to RELAX!

The end!



2 Comments:

At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have a great book for you talisima...
The seventh scroll by Wilbur Smith....im re-reading it right now. you may also want to check out River God by Wilbur Smith as well, it preceeds The 7th scroll and is equally as good...nerd it.

 
At 6:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo Tali-scious!
I'm going to see Team America-World Police tonight. I've got high expectations too! I hope I'm not disappointed.
As for your 'big event coming up next week', I went to see The Roots this past July at Metropolis over here in Montreal (they were in town for the Jazz Fest), and they fucking rocked! Actually, they rapped, but you know what I mean. Those guys are oustanding live!
Check out the 2 posts (with pics and videos) I made on my blog back then about their show :
1- http://splurge.blogs.com/impetuous_thoughts/2004/07/the_roots_at_me.html
2- http://splurge.blogs.com/impetuous_thoughts/2004/07/the_roots_at_me_1.html

Love, Splurge.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home