Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Sweet Strangers

It has been a long couple of weeks and I've had to spend a lot of time evaluating what it is I want and need lately. I'm pms-y...I'm tired...I'm stressed...I'm tired of being sick. All in all, I'm just cranky.
Just when I think nothing can make me feel better, I got an email. An email from a total stranger that made me feel so good. So I'm going to cut and paste it here...and hope he doesn't mind (no names of course)

"I came accross your blog on a search for something else entirely, but was stopped in my tracks by your prose. I'm not sure what it was exactly -- your "successful-but-insecure-in-a-cute-kind-of-way" style, your honest introspection,or the way you share your thoughts on everything from the trivial to the deepest feelings in your heart -- but I was both moved and captivated by your writting.I myself just recently moved to Toronto, and your experiences reflect my own inmany ways. Anyway, I just wanted to say "thank you". It's so rare in this cityto make a real human connection with a stranger... but for just one moment,your story gave me a sense of solidarity that I've rarely felt for anyone outside close friends and family. Best wishes"

It is amazing how much the word of a complete stranger can reach out and touch you. Amazing that he read my blog and appreciated what I wrote.
Just such a nice feeling. So, stranger, I just wanted to thank you for the email. I can't even begin to tell you how it made my day.

1 Comments:

At 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely!

e.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home