Sunday, September 18, 2005

Freakin' safety

So, I get home after a great day today (Hanging with Sari, MB, and JP) but I will go into that after (like..tomorrow). And then I come home at 10ish. I turn on the TV..I sit on the couch and I quickly begin to fall asleep. So I defide to get offline, turn off the TV and go to bed at a reasonable hour. So at midnight, I crawl into bed and turn on the radio and was asleep in about three seconds. Joy.
At 3:31am the loud screeching noice permeates my dreams and I'm up and out of bed in three seconds. Not only did I have no clue what the noise was, but I even had a moment of where am I, and who am I. Clearly I was still living in my bizarre dream. I stumble into the living room, heavy-footed like the zombies from Shaun of the Dead (love that movie) to confirm what this noise is. The freakin' fire alarm. And in an act of rebellion my high school principal would kill me for, I decided to not leave the comfort of my apartment (ok..I sleep naked too..I sure didn't want to get dressed) and instead go out onto my balcony and try to
a) smell fire
b) see if anyone else is leaving.
c) check out how many firemen are down there (I was asleep not dead)
If this building was really on fire, I was a dead woman.
So what I did notice was that in a building that houses probably a few hundred people (32 floors, 7 apartments per floor) there were about 10 people who actually left their apartments and 200 hanging over their balconies seeing if they should actually get dressed and leave. Oh, did I mention that, had i gone downstairs, I would have had to walk back up the 17 floor to my apartment because the elevator goes down?
I looked down, saw all the firemen, looked in the mirror, saw the fact that I had the bigest cade of bedhead and chose to go down with my burning building. If it came to that. Or just wait until, if the building was burning, some burly sweaty fireman would come rescue me. And then he would fall madly in love with my bedhead. And carry me away to the firehouse where I would swing on his pole happily for the rest of my life (that just made me giggle uncontrolably. I'm clearly still half asleep)
So ladies and gents, I finally make sure I am in bed early and Murphy applies his law to my sleeping patterns and here I am at 4 am.
And still groggy.
And cold from being woken from my sleep cocoon.
And can't call back asleep.
And there is nothing on TV.
Someone tell me a story...
Ok..off I go to bed, still laughing at how I would appear to anyone standing in my apartment right now..hoping I will drift happily to sleep.

4 Comments:

At 1:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blog at your own risk, experts say
ADVICE: Remember that current or prospective employers can see what is being said about them.
www.palgold.com offers free listings and picture hosting. Set up your own online store and promote your own URL that we provide you. Friendly service and full featured auctions including live countdown timers on every auction. Join today www.palgold.com

 
At 1:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chicago commuter train derails, killing one
At least one person was killed and dozens were injured after a commuter train derailed Saturday morning on Chicago's South Side, officials said.
hiv home test

 
At 1:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what kind of comments are there?

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger /hg said...

First -- Tali, change your comment settings and force people to enter in the screen word. You're being spammed to death.

Second. You said, "I would swing on his pole happily for the rest of my life."

You are a dirty, dirty girl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home