Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Quotes

I love interesting quotes. Be them in the form of a lyric, poem, line from a book or speech. I find them fascinating. They are easy to appreciate because someone out there found a way to express something we can all feel in a way that reaches out. So here I will leave a few I love. All I ask is that you who read this blog leave me a few of your favorites as well! :)

Here we go:
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
Anais Nin (1903 - 1977)

A wretched soul, bruised with adversity,We bid be quiet when we hear it cry; But were we burdened with like weight of pain,As much or more we should ourselves complain.
William Shakespeare


And So It Goes (Billy Joel)
In every heart there is a roomA sanctuary safe and strongTo heal the wounds from lovers pastUntil a new one comes along I spoke to you in cautious tonesYou answered me with no pretenseAnd still I feel I said too muchMy silence is my self defense And every time I've held a roseIt seems I only felt the thornsAnd so it goes, and so it goesAnd so will you soon I suppose But if my silence made you leaveThen that would be my worst mistakeSo I will share this room with youAnd you can have this heart to break And this is why my eyes are closedIt's just as well for all I've seenAnd so it goes, and so it goesAnd you're the only one who knows So I would choose to be with youThat's if the choice were mine to makeBut you can make decisions tooAnd you can have this heart to break And so it goes, and so it goesAnd you're the only one who knows

Ok..that's a start...and now..YOUR TURN (while I find more!)

Yay.

6 Comments:

At 10:20 PM, Blogger /hg said...

"The story is old
I know
But it goes on"

From one of the greatest songs ever written.

 
At 5:00 AM, Blogger Vincent Priceless said...

If you start this with me, you may never shut me up, but I only have time for one before work. I think it's about the truest, simplest thing ever written in a novel:

"It's true, even if it didn't happen."

-from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey

 
At 7:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Justin Currie:

"It's hard to say you love someone. And it's hard to say you don't"

Not particularly profound. But, in it's place, a great lyric

 
At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh....think Twice, it's just another day for you and me in paradise

- Phil Collins

I'm a freak
I like the girl with the boom
I once got busy in a burger king bathroom
- Digital Underground

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Christy said...

"I know some day you'll have a beatiful life, I know you'll be the sun in somebody else's sky, why can't it be mine"
- Pearl Jam - Black

 
At 10:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

- Tyler Durden

 

Post a Comment

<< Home