Thursday, April 21, 2005

Frustrated

Inevitably, we all meet people in our life who have the weird ability to make us feel uncomfortable in our own skin. Or question who we are.
Recently, I have been speaking with someone I met on lavalife. SOmethign about the way he reacts to me and the way he reacts to other people, makes me so on edge, I don't know how to deal with it. I haven't even met him in person and I perpetually feel like I'm always saying the wrong thing. And what bothers me most is not even that he thinks that about me - although i hate it - but that it actually REALLY bothers me. What am I so concerned with what a stranger thinks? Why does it bother me? Is it an ego thing? I don't know this guy, his opinion of me won't impact my life. but it bugs me. I have to fight any instinct to prove that I'm cool. It is so weird and twisted.
Ugh, I'm frustrated with myself right now. Annoyed with my reaction.
*sigh*
I feel like i Just want to hang out with a comfortable friend tonight and relax and I don't have that anywhere I turn. Not that I am afraid of spending time alone, I guess I just need a friend and I hate these moments when I need that and just don't have it.
Maybe it is just a reminder that, when it comes down to those tough moments, ultimately the only person we have is ourselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home