Wednesday, April 20, 2005

A passport por favor

So today I went to get my new passport. I get there and first I have to wait in-line for my pre-screening, which is basically where they take a look at your forms and then decide if you are ready to get in the OTHER line to get the passport. I make it through line one in about 15 minutes and then am given my number to sit in line for another 40 minutes for them to look at my papers, charge me $87.00 and then sending me on my way basically telling me "the passport is in the mail". Or will be as of May 4th. The worst, I discovered today, is sitting there trying NOT to glare at the counter people who instead of calling up another number are gossiping with eachother and sitting back drinking their coffee. Because no one else has anywhere else to be other then sitting on those dlightful plastic chairs waiting to see A048 pop up on the screen. On the flipside, how exciting is that moment? WHen you know they are getting near you it is so exciting to watch screen. You almost want to cheer it along. Pathetic...but oh so exciting I tell ya. At least more exciting than anything else going on in that room.
Nothing else exciting going on. It is, as usual, freezing in my office.
I'm supposed to go to a launch event tonight, but right now I'm so grumpy I don't know that I will. I feel like curling up in bed and hiding from the world. Boo.
Nothing else to talk about. I'm BORING (alright, just today!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home