Monday, December 06, 2004

SNOWY MONDAY!

Happy monday!

I woke up this morning to snow. A big white blanket that shocked the entire city. Admitedly, I have no black winter boots so I was a little screwed as well. Boo. Still, there is something to peaceful about the snow. It makes everything so quiet. Y'know the expression "a hush fell over the crowd"? Snow is the physical version of a hush.
Something about the snow just makes me want to sit down wherever I am and just...listen.
Such a weird feeling.

So this weekend....hmmm, Friday I went to a party with Cindy. It was great hanging out with her but this party was us and a bunch of 22 year olds. I felt so over the hill. The big joke was that they needed to find me someone to hook up with. AS IF! What am I? A cougar? So not my scene.

On Saturday I slept in...and then had a "lavalife date". It was totally fun. Coffee...then Ikea..and then off to meet an artist. It was a pretty interesting and diverse date that I really enjoyed. The thing that I think is so cool about this guy (there are a couple) - he is really into art and is so plugged into the art scene here in Toronto. He is a traveller. Will travel on his own just because there are places he wants to see (I think that is SO admirable) and he is smart. All great qualities. And how many people would climb into bed at Ikea and lie in the model condo chatting and welcoming visitors to "our home". It was hilarity. So it was fun. Definitely nice to meet someone new who seems to have a quarky silly sense of humor like me. I just sent him an email..what do you men who read this think of that? Is it bad for the girl to take the lead a little bit and make first contact?

Then Sunday I was off to brunch with Cameron (happy birthday) and Michael and then home for laundry and then dinner with Amy and Jen and then Jen slept over. We stayed up so late gossiping that I woke up tonight happily wishing it was Sunday. But it was absolutley worth it.

Today..SNOW! Crazy crazy snow.
And now I"m at the office. Exhausted. Jen cancelled out Yoga date but I'm not so upset about that.

I must go work. How was everyone's weekend?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home