Thursday, November 25, 2004

The past stays in the past.

I feel melancholy. Nostalgic. But I'm not sure for what. A different time. A differnet place. A different outcome in life.
I've spoken to an old friend recently. Something about talking to him though, makes me feel very sad inside. Granted, he and I have an incredibly rockey history. Went from friends to dating and it was difficult. And the sadness is by no means due to the bad relationship or the outcome. It is strictly for the friendship that was before anything happened.
Talking to him and seeing how different the conversation is...seeing how different he is as a person...it is so indicative of how much people change.
Years later..I still mourn the loss of friendship. Or maybe just the simple fact that you can never go back to where you were. You can never make it like it was. With this guy, it will never be anything close. We'll drift in and out of friendly conversation but it will always be empty.
It's both sad and hopeful at the same time. The best part being looking into myself and just knowing I've moved past the hurt part.
I just hope I can look at my life at some point and see how much I've changed and be proud of how far I've gone.


1 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will, it can be quiet simple to achieve if you follow your desires and your ambitions and the most important your heart. Sometimes tricky dilemas happen and choices are hard to make and sometimes risky. But I learned in the past few years that if you believe in it it's gonna happen no matter what you will have to pass through and sacrifice is a word that everybody has to encounter one day or another. You should never be ashame or feel guilty for the choices you make or made. There is no better feeling than the satisfaction of fulfilling a personal goal. See what you have now and learn to appreciate it. After the rain comes out the sun... enjoy the sunny time while it comes because it can't be sunny everyday :D

Keep on rolling!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home