Thursday, November 11, 2004

Some days are sad days

So last night, things ended with the guy I have been dating. Although I feel like it was for the best, it is still very sad. He is a fantastic guy and there is nothing I wanted more than to be able to give him all the things he needed to feel good about the relationship. But something inside me just wasn't able to at this moment in my life. I don't know why. I wish I could have.
Some say it is perhaps because I just wasn't as sure about him as he was about me. Maybe that is true. I just didn't have the fight in me to really go all out and make it work. The guilt over that was killing me. He was getting the short end of the stick.
Ultimately, my biggest regret is that I ended up hurting someone I care very much about. That is the worst part.
But I think he deserves someone who can give him all the great things he should find and have in a significant other.
Sadly, it ended angry and I'm pretty sure he won't ever want to speak to me again. I understand and respect that, but it isn't to say I won't miss having him in my life.
Breaking up with anyone is a horrible thing. This is a terrible feeling and I'm just happy I'll be away this weekend hanging out with Jen and Julie in washington. It is a good distraction.
*sigh*
It is a long day.
I just have to keep reassuring myself that in the long run, this is better for everyone involved.
5pm will not come too soon.

3 Comments:

At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hang in there kiddo.

 
At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know who G and for someone who complains about others being anonymous......

Maybe you should just stay away from guys with G names.

And no one thinks like this. This is obviously not really your feelings but more of an open letter to G. If he really was such a fanastic guy you would have made things work. This obviously wasn't the guy for you. Don't be afraid to say that. And if he's going to sulk like a little baby and get mad...well, he's missing the point. And now, because couldn't accept life's little reality, he's also lost a friend. If you feel sad for him, feel sad for that. Otherwise, put a smile on because you did him a favour.

I guess that means you're back on the market. Go easy on those Toronto boys.

 
At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In reference to the comment above, I don't think that it is fair to say that he was not a "fantastic guy" just because Tali broke up with him. It simply means that they were not meant for each other, not that neither of them are fantastic.
But yes, there are reasons for everything and obviously, this was not perfect for either of you... so take good care of yourself, allow time to mourn the relationship and heal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home