Monday, November 29, 2004

Cold cold Toronto

Well hello.
I'm back after a whirlwind tour of several airports. Who doesn't love that?
Just got back from spending time with the fam in New York state. My cousin Sean is on leave from Iraq so we all went out to spend time and it was so nice. I have to say going out there....I definitely felt like my presence was so appreciated and welcome. It was a great feeling, especially when more often than not lately I have felt like an unwelcome stranger in a new city I am supposed to calll home.
But then leaving and coming back was, as always, depressing.
Not that I'm unhappy. Just disillusioned.
There is a guy....who shall remain nameless....but we had a fling....and i use the term lightly..about 2 years ago. And now he is coming up to my neck of the woods and, despite that we have been friends since and talked eachother through good and bad times....is weird about hanging out with me. Can't commit..doesn't seem interested in it. Why are people so weird? We had a thing. So what? It is done. ANd now, it is just impossible to be friends. Granted, he is that guy who has a hard time being friends with girls he hasn't slept with. But ARGH! So disappointing.
And my own reaction to it is the worst..because i immediately turn on yself and say it is my fault. When it isn't. There is nothign wrong with bein excited to see an old friend and trying to make plans. Why do guys have to make you feel like you are asking too much? No, they can't make you feel anything (you were all screaming that.. icould feel it) - why do they have to ask as if yo uare asking the world? I know if I clled my friend Jen and told her I was coming into Montreal and wanted to spend time with her..she wouldn't freak out. She would be delighted to work something out. Maybe the lesson is men and women can't be friends?
I don't know. Is it possible I have spent my life proving that fact right? How horrible!
I'm just finding men so disappointing right now. It is so frustrating because I actually enjoy being single. It would just be nice to have a little attention that way....just a little harmless flirtation. IMPOSSIBLE.
I'm going to go feel sorry for myself and eat junkfood and hate the world right now.
Summary - great weekend. Men suck
The end.



2 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey hey, you should concentrate on the future rather than your past. It's obvious you will never can get back what you had with that guy. There is plenty of men out there.

 
At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Men suck? Nice generalization.

And there's nothing wrong with harmless flirtation....if both parties realize it's harmless flirtation. But inevitably, someone tales the flirting too serious.

Also, Toronto is pretty big. And when people visit the Smoke, they quite often have many different people to visit. They just don't have the time to see everyone. So don't take it so personally. I know it's probably hitting you harder right now because you are still trying to get used to T.O.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home