Sunday, January 16, 2005

Why is it?

I'm noticing a trend. It is a relationship thing and I'm sure there are those that will disagree so please feel free to send me some different perspectives.
Why is it that the lines of communictions between men and women are so different? This is what I'm noticing - men, who know how women react to men pursuing them physically, get what they want and then disappear. Then women, because of some sick weird habit we have devloped over the decades, blame ourselves for that and try to figure out what we have done wrong. Truth is, we haven't done anything wrong other then fall for the lines that men use because they know that we will react to it. Does that make sense?
Now who is to blame here?
Is it men for using the lines? Is it women for falling for them? Is it both for constantly getting caught up in this stupid game.?
I'm so tired of seeing my girlfriends feeling so sad and bad about themselves for doing nothing wrong other then being open to having feelings for men. Why do we do that to ourselves?
Why is it that we immediately turn and put the blame where is doesn't belong?
On the flipside, why is it that men just can't be honest, open, and up-front about things?
Wouldn't this be an easier place to be if people could just make the tiny effort it takes no to hurt other people?
Then again, without those little aces and pains the sitcom/movie/book industry could go bust.
Sometimes i wonder what the point is of getting involved.
Ican say, at teh very lease, I have to learn to trust my instincts. The guy from lava, the red flags went up that very first night when he didn't come over when he said he would and didnt' call. Right of the bat it showed an undependable side that only continued. I saw the warning signs and I chose to ignore them. I don't know why. I think that is something that women do all to often. We ignore the warning signs or the warnings of others.
We just aren't always smart enough to protect ourselves.
I wish I understood the motivations better. Or understood people better.
My resolution this year is to follow those instincts. Even if it kills me to do it. No one is going to protect me from my own issues. So, it is time i took responsibility.
It's sad though that it seems the only way to find a healthy relationship, at least for me and at this point in my life, is to shut myself off t people until they force their way in.
I don't even know if i can pull it off. That is just unlike me.
I constantly go between the two - stay who I am and just accept all the good and bad that come along with being open to people and taking those risks, or shut myself off and become somethign I never wanted to be to avoid getting hurt.
Realistically, i don't think I will be able to fundamentally change who I am. Fearless when it come sto getting involved. The price being getting hurt when it doesn't work out.
Can someone please just tell me the right anwer?



1 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The other side of the coin feels just as frustrated when it comes to dating. Maybe you're on to something by waiting for someone to force their way in. While the wait might be long, anyone who worked so hard to force their way in would probably be worth keeping.

On another note, feeling pain shows you're human. It's okay to feel pain and be sad every now and then.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home