Wednesday, October 26, 2005

I'm home.

I'm hoooommmmeeeee! WOOHOO!
I've only been gone about 24 hour but it was enough to leave me feeling COMPLETELY exhausted and unsettled.
I levt my apartment yesterday at 1:45pm and arriver bach here tonight (or early Thursday morning) at 12:40am. Of that 26 hours I spent about 14 hours at airports or on airplanes. That is insane. I feel like I smell of airplane. I hate that smell. Makes me ill.
Ok...let's start from the beginning.
I leave late (as usual) and get to the airport. I'm ready for hours at customs because they like to prey on the weak and give me a hard time. I'm through in seconds and SO BORED for the next hour. I get on the plane. Big guy sits next to me in the window seat. No one in the middle. I'm on the aisle. All is well. Big dude gets up and goes to the bathroom (can people not sit through a 5 hour flight without getting up. FOR GODS SAKE). He returns on a cloud of stink. I can only imagine what that bathroom smelled like when he left. And then he clearly had severe gas because there clouds of horrible kept wafting over in my direction. OH LORD. Save me.
Ok..I survive.
Land. TS picks me up. We head to the Cheesecake Factory (YUMMY! Although I never get cheesecake because I'm always too full). Hotel is fine. Great shower. Free online internet (thanks again Ro for looking that up for me. Sweet thing that you are). I get NO SLEEP. I'm overtired. I'm nervous. I'm paranoid that I will sleep through my alarm. Booo. I wake up early (Toronto time) - the coolest alarm ever. It is an alarm clock that has a slot for your iPod so you can program the alarm to go off to whatever song on the iPod. It was AWESOME!
Get up. Check out. Go to interviews. Get in cab. Head to airport.
I check in. And then pace and kill time until I get on the plane. Flight from San Fran to Cincinatti is fine. But by the time I got to Cincinatti I was done with the travelling. I was tired. I was cranky. I hadn't really eaten properly. My schedule was off. I just wanted to me home. But i have this one last flight left.
So I sit on the flight. And from behind me comes the most annoying voice. The MOST irritating girls sits behind me and decides to befriend her neighbour and spends the ENTIRE flight talking at full volume about how cool her life is - working in the fashion industry - how she has travelled the world and all over the states..including Alabama. ALABAMA? Is Alabama a big fashion hub? She was trying too hard and talking WAY too loud in the process. I even put my ipod on and could hear her over the music no matter how loud I turned it up. It was all I could do not to turn around and tell her to shut the f*** up.
So finally we land. I get off the plane. Cold. Tired. Cranky. And I find out we have to take a shuttle to another terminal to go through customs. So we have to stand outside in the cold waiting for the shuttle. I was bitter. So bitter. Finally I get to the terminal. Customs agent barely looks at me and motions me through. And i get to leave to meet the delightful CZ who graciously came to pick me up.
It is SO nice coming home to someone at the airport. Travelling is always so sad for me because I get off the plane or train to no one and an empty apartment. There is something sad and lonely about that.
So now I am home. And SO HAPPY to be here. I just want to sleep in my bed.
Sleeeeeeeeepy.
Thank you to everyone who texted me good luck messages. And thank you to Ro for keeping me company for hours, all the encouraging text messages, and entertaining me while I sat around airports being miserable.
I'm off to sleep. PK is in town tomorrow..I'm so excited! WOOHOO! I can't wait to see him. We have a good 3 hours of hanging out. YAY!
Must go shower out smell of airplane. Ew. I feel so dirty.

3 Comments:

At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You aaahhhhh so dirty, honey!
I'm glad you're back!
Love, Trampo

 
At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You aaahhhhh so dirty, honey!
I'm glad you're back!
Love, Trampo

 
At 7:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great update! glad you are back! let's make a movie/sushi date pronto! e.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home