Friday, October 28, 2005

So much to say...so little energy with which to type it.

Friday friday friday.

Went to lunch with CZ and NL today which meant a trip to my former place of employment. My first time there since the layoff. It was WEIRD. WEIRD. WEIRD. A little unsettling and hard to answer everyone's questions about what I'm up to these days.
Everyone: "what are you up to?"
Me" Um...well..I sit around, think about Ro, watch bad TV, think about Ro, sent a CV or two, chat with Ro, eat dinner, go to bed"
Good times.
I mean...I love thinking about Ro..but it probably makes NO sense to anyone at all. Who is this Ro guy, they must wonder..and why is Tali so completely relaxed about being unemployed. In fact, she looks happy. WHAT IS THAT ALL ABOUT?
Who knows.
I guess I will figure it all out eventually.

So tonight I went to see Jamiroquai and it was a freakin' AWESOME concert. He just rocks. For starters, I'll just say that accent. OMG! I can't resist it. SEXY. And he just has a fantastic energy on the stage. It was fun and happy and electric. He has back up singers! Crazy 70's disco sounding back up singers. And the usic was fantastic. Go out and listen if you haven't done so already. And he played my fave song "You Give Me Something" - which he claims he never plays live. YAY!

One thing I will say is that people turn stupid when they are at a concert. First of f they drink too much and then they seem to forget there are other people there. This one girl was dancing like a maniac, which is fine..except she kept pushing me...hitting me....bumping me. I would move over, she would move closer. I mean..COME ON! And then she kept apologizing. Sometimes i wish I was a scrapper, because I really wanted to scream at this girl. And then there was the girl in front of me with the inappropriately long hair who kepts flicking it in my face. GROSS! I don't want someone's hair in my mouth. Not to mention the plethora of men who use a concert as an excuse to rub up WAY too close to girls. UNCOMFORTABLE. And then there are the bad dancers. I know I'm a bad person but I just can't help myself. I stare and mock them. to myself...of course..but I mock nonetheless. I can't resist.

Lastly, I want to say I was reading now magazine and saw that HG has her name up in lights in there under some movie paragraphs. YOU GO GIRL! I never had any doubt that Now couldn't live without you. You rock!

So, I'm ending this off with the lyrics to my VERY favorite Jamiroquai song - You Give Me Something - it is just happy music. Love it! A nice little song about meeting someone who makes you feel crazy good (so this one is for you Ro) Go listen immediately:

You give me something
When I met you, you were so unique
You had a little thing I’d love to keep
Every movement carried much mystique
I knew right then I’d carry on,
to you I knew my heart belonged
You give me something
Something that nobody else can give
And my heart started thumpin’
You know now you’re the one I truly know I dig
Like the sunbeams from a perfect summer day
Heaven only seems a step away
When I’m with you, I just celebrate
I’m hoping my message gets through
There’s never been someone like you
I had nobody, but on you I lean
’Cause you got these little things that I
I know I’ve never seen
You give me somethingS
omething that nobody else has got
And this love that I’ve been wanting
Oh baby’s turning out to be too fast to stop
You know now, you give me something
Something that nobody else can give
See my heart has started thumpin’
You know babe, you’re the one I truly know I dig

5 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Blogger Erica said...

I really like "Virtual Insanity"

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger /hg said...

Pah. Just some stupid little reviews. But yay -- I like having a cheering section.

It's nice. And you are, too.

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

jammy quacky are the worst band in the world and the twatty lead singer is naught but a dope head.

tali and erica, i'm surprised at you both.

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger TF said...

Yay NiceGirl, thanks for having my back! You get to come to the next concert with me then...AB was otherwise occupied at this one! :)

Ro...don't be jealous..I still love you better.

And hello Erica...thanks for the back up.. i can't take on Ro's musical stubbornness alone. Hooray!

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Erica said...

Well, I also like prince. I just think people should like what they like and not always have to justify it. Everyone likes something that general society may find quesionable, like dead baby jokes and marshmellow peep's.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home