Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Questions

Today is Wednesday. I'm feeling stressed at work. Partly because i'm a HUGE procrastinator and partly because I have to fill out a million and one award submissions about projects I know nothing about.
STRESS!
So, here is my question. It is about relationships. Is having inappropriate and dirty conversations online cheating? I once was living with a guy who would get online and meet women when I went to bed. I don't know if he ever met them, I don't know if he spoke to them, I have no idea what happened. But he had cheated on me before and we were having problems and this was just the last straw for me. Ok, i'm lying, the last straw was when he accidentally sent one of the girls an email from my account and she responded and I couldn't avoid the reality that the relationship was a disaster. So, have we entered a whole new world where you don't even have to physically touch someone to be cheating? Or is it just inappropriate but not crossing any actual lines? And what if you include a web cam in the mix? I'd love some opinions. Is an "online" girlfriend the "other woman"?
I wonder where the future of technology is going. We can get on MSN and see and talk to eachother. What happens next? Touch tensors? Holographic projections? I'm curious to see what the next step is and how immersive and tactile it will become. I know they have those sensor suits that you can set up and program. Have you hear about these. Let's say I am wearing this getup and some guy on the other side of the world...let's call him "John Doe" has tthe software and has programmed his computer so that he hits a key and the suit responds and stimulates me on the other end. I guess in theory..it could be anything...a massage, a foot rub, or something more sexual. We are definitely on the verge of crossing lines we never thought crossable....distance will no longer be an problem.
Opinions?
Ok, warm fuzzy moment....it is hard because what is making me warm an fuzzy isn't necessarily a moment....but i have a friend who lives in Washington (state) who I've mentioned before. And He just says the sweetest things. Things that I genuinely believe he means and that no one has said in such a long time. I love his honesty and his boldness and it makes me feel so good to hear that someone has such lovely and sweet things to say about me. It is just nice. It feels nice. So, I don't know if that qualifies as a warm and fuzzy moment in my life...but it makes me feel good so for today, it counts.
I skipped my workout today and yoga last night. I'm definitely feeling lazy at the moment.
I think it is the weather. It is so easyto be lethargic in winter. It is just to cold to be functional.
Ok, that is all I got.
I'm off to work on those submissions!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home