Thursday, February 10, 2005

Knowing when to cut your losses

So, I have a friend who makes me feel bad. I feel unappreciated when I talk to her (when she isn't blowing me off) and generally kinda put down. Today, the straw that broke the camel's back - an insulting email to start my day basically implying I am a bad friend.
I've decided I have had enough.
As hard as it is, I'm drawing my line in the sand and walking away from this one.
It is so easy to hold onto friend just to expand your network of connections, but I'm just not doing that anymore. I'm not making big drama out of it, not going to have a big explosions. Just going to let it go. No more phone calls, no more attempts at plans. I'm moving on.
Breaking up with a friend is definitely hard, however, not as hard as maintaining an unsatisfying friendship.
So. Done and done.
Nothing else to talk about.
It is Thursday and tomorrow I am off to Montreal to visit friends and family. YAY.
I'm excited. And next week, off to Vancouver. More excitement.
I'm feeling bad about that email. Truth is..no matter how hard you try..you can't please everyone and i need to stop trying. If people think I am a crappy friend, then I am just not the right friend for them.
I'm not twisting myself up in knots for them anymore.
What else do I have to say? Nothing at all.
I have passes for Constantine and can't find ANYONE who wants to go see the movie. ARGH!
Who knew it was so hard to give away movie passes?
Not me. I had NO idea.
I'm rambling because i don't feel like working today. My brain is just done.
Ok, I'm off.

1 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my friend - i am sorry to hear about the sucky friend, sometimes you have no choice but to move on. you have plenty of other ppl around to keep you entertained.. why chose to spend time with toxic folk?

as to constantine, you made me LOL!!! it looks awful. that might have something to do with it ;-)

ciao!
e.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home