Thursday, June 09, 2005

Hard

How is it possible that we get WORSE with dating as we get older. You would think that we would get smarter. We know what we want. We would just get to the point. Move forward or cut your losses. Instead, as I get older, I seem to become more inept with the dating. I know this is due to many different variables including:
1) Insecurity
2) Previous experience
3) Cynicism
4) Fear
There are too many to name.
The things is, I just want to meet someone who is easy to be with. Who feels right. And i don't mean in that flaky cheesy way..but more in that being around someone who you feel comfortable around way. Someone who just feels easy to be with. I'm not afraid of a guy with issues. We all have issues. I have enough issues to fill a small room. But i think you need to find someone with complimentary issues.
I guess it is hard to let yourself go worry-free when you meet someone new. It is hard not to over analyze. It is hard not to interpret what they are trying to say and what they mean. Especially when you feel some little tiny part of you opening up to being vulnerable.
We all get crazy when it comes to being involved. It is no lovely and glorious experience with violins playing and soft lighting. People always say the beginning is the most exciting. I would disagree. It is a little past the beginning when you actually acknowledge that you want to be together and you can relax about the whole "playing the dating game thing" and really just enjoy getting to know eachtother.
It is hard I tell ya. Hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home