Thursday, July 07, 2005

I'm an idiot

So..I decided to make the call....I picked up the phone..I dialed the number (the home number) and let it go.
One ring
two
three...
at the eight ring, I realized that he has no freakin' voicemail at home. Now, I could almost safely assume then that he doesn't have caller i.d. either.But who knows. And if he does he will see the number and not know who it is. So what do I do? What all completely insane women do...I freaked out and then calmly decided to call his cell.
My heart was pounding. I dialed the numbers.
two rings...
three rings...
four rings...
VOICEMAIL!
So I left a message....trying to be cool but undoubtedly failing miserably.
Then i crawled to my couch and slippped into some serious misery. Why? Because I"m insane and just felt like an ass about everything and somehow convinced myself that if it was meant to be, he would have been home. So I sat..and watched TV. And then went to my room and picked up my phone and...WAIT! There was a message. I dialed the numbers as quickly as possible. The bell answering service says "you have 2 messages to be deleted". DAMMIT! I have to go through those..skip skip skip resave...skip skip skip resave. "You have one new message". All I kept thinking was - please let it be him, please let it be him. I hit the one button to hear my one new message and....
IT WAS HIM! I couldn't have been happier. ANd he was happy to hear from me. Hoping it was me he said. HALLELUJAH! And asked if I was free to see him the next night (tonight).
So, I called him back. No answer. He called me back. We talked for 1/2 an hour.
*sigh*
So I have to confess the truth. I have a crush. A big fat nasty crush on him.
I just need to stop giggling and checking the clock and eagerly awaiting the end of the day so I can hang out with him and act all giddy and stupid!
GRIN!

1 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As Buffy once said, fortune favours the brave. Of course she then went on to have a relationship with a guy where she totally screwed everything up and lost the best guy she ever had, but let's not dwell on that part.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home