Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Time to be brave

Good morning Toronto (said a la Good Morning Vietnam). How is everyone today?
The wearther here is pretty bleak. I'm not going to lie..I don't like it one bit. Not one tiny bit. I need sunshine and a nice long vacation. Where can I move to? Where?
Somedays I think I would like to pack up and move to a whole new place. Just to see if I can do it. Learn a new language, start a new life doing something totally different. Just really get out there and challenge myself. ut it would be tough to leave all the things I know and love here.But wouldn't it be exciting?
That often crosses my mind....follow along the path I've chosen and build my career or walk away from all that and live the life of adventure i secretly dream of having. Travel and take different kinds of jobs...just enough to keep me going. That sounds exciting too.
I wish i knew what the right answer is.
I guess that rule applies to everything though. I'm never quite sure what the right answer is.
I know one thing I need to deal with is my insecurity. It is out of control and I think gets worse as I get older...no....wait..some parts of it get better and some get worse. But I think the parts of me that get worse with the insecurity are the ones that drive me to act like a screaming, weeping lunatic. I need to stop being so afraid. The wors tthing that happens in life i I get hurt. And that is nothing new and that is something I know I can get through. It doesn't feel good..but I'll get through it.
So, I'm grabbing the bull by the horns, I've decided, and making the call. I can't keep playing this stupid "will he call" game. It is making me crazy and causing me to go against my instincts, which is exactly what I hate. So, I figure, I like him, I'd like to talk to him again and make the effort to get to know him. If me calling freaks him out, then so be it. Then I'll chalk it up to a fun weekend and try my hardest to just put it all in the back of my mind. And if he likes me...and wants to get to know me..then...it should be all good. So...I will be brave.
Now...I need encouragement people. LOTS OF ENCOURAGEMENT
(just a reminder..to leave comments, just click on the title of the blog)

2 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go for it, really what do you have to lose :-)

 
At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, I'm a guy. If a girl calls me I'm flattered. Please don't take that as advice. But he made sure you had his number. You want to call him. I don't know, all signs seems to point to call.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home