Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Funny and not-so-funny

So yesterday I'm walking down the street and this young girl (teenager i Would gues) is walking down the street. SHe is wearing a shirt that say "Nature Lover". As I'm reading the shirt, I look up, she sticks her hand in her mouth, pulls out a wad of gum and throws it on the ground. I had to stop myself from doing 2 things:
1) Laughing out loud
2) Walking up to her and asking - "are you kidding me? A littering nature lover?"
The funnier part...she threw her gum to the right, the garbage can, was on her left.
Oh my.

S0 I woke up this morning and made my way to work. At Bathurst I decided to get off the streetcar and walk. I am just about to hit the underpass on king, and I'm noticing a lot of people walking there. A lot more people than I ever see. There is usualy one..maybe two people walking in there with me. Then I look up and see flashing lights, and about 8 street cars. And then I look on the sidewalk about 10 feet in front of me and see the mangled bike sitting there. HORROR! Someone was hit...by a car or a streetcar, it is unclear. But how awful. So all the people from the streetcars were getting off and walking. I'm hoping the biker was ok, but I didn't see anyone nor did I see an ambulance. What a way to start the morning. For the biker (ok..and me...it is all about me).

Nothing else to tell..I'm at work.

Entertain me...comments...stories...ANYTHING.

2 Comments:

At 4:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I would definately have been in the second category. You can't say on one hand that you are a nature lover then turn round and 'pollute' the area. Why?!!!!! You are either one or the other. Yes I hope the biker was ok.

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Vincent Priceless said...

Eww. Not funny. But no body, so you can still hope for a happy ending.

In happier news, your word to work into the next blog entry is..."malefactor". GO!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home