Sunday, August 07, 2005

something in the nothins

So today I went to the "Taste of the Danforth" for the very first time. It was very exciting. The weather was amazing (a little warm) but the sun was hsining and lots of people were out. It was a great walk. And I ran into a bunch of people I knew. Isn't that the definition of really making a city home? When you can go into events and run into people?

Then MB and I went to see The Devil's Rejects. It was really good. At least in my opinion. Much better than House of 1000 Corpses. Nice and dark and bloody.

Nothing interesting to report. The family is gone and I feel off and I'm immediately pulled back into my pit of confusion and despair. Drama queen that I am. I'm writing this off as being tired and going to avoid writing a long weepy blog about how sad and confused I am. Even though I feel that way, I'm going to hope it is the exhaustion speaking.

Everything happens for a reason. I have to remind myself of that. Despite the fact that I don't believe in fate, happy endings, meant to be, etc...I like the idea that things happen for some kind of greater good. It makes things seem less pointless. It makes heartache seem like it has reason and meaning. Maybe that is just a sad girl searching for some depth in something shallow, fulfillment in something empty, hope in something completely hopeless, something where there is really nothing....all that jazz.

I'm off to bed. Yay for tomorrow's trip to Ottawa.

1 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Loving the new look blog....worth the wait.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home