Monday, August 15, 2005

Save me

So, as you guys all know, I was laid off. I won't go into details about that. But I will say it was really hard to take and I spent a lot of time crying. Ultimately, my biggest problem is that I invest so much of myself in my work that it is so hard not to take this all as a personal failure. It is a struggle. And then the second thing I need to figure out is what to do next. I find I define myself by my job. It is a big part of who I am. Career is important to me. So right now, I wonder what that definition is. Who am i exactly and what path am I supposed to go down?

It is scary. I'm 30 and jobless and significant otherless. What does that say about me? And the fact that I'm so much more stressed about not having a job than not hacing a man. What does that say about me?

I guess it says I have MUCH to think about right now. I have a lot I need to figure out, about what I want to do and who I want to be when I grow up.

All I know is that ultimately, I want to continue to be someone I can continue to be proud of. Underneath it all, I am happy with the person I've become and wouldn't sacrifice that for the world.
Unfortunately, when things feel crappy, cynicism and self-doubt creep in and drive you crazy so right now I'm in a constant state of reminding myself that all is good.

But, I'm in Montreal, sitting beside my sister and my brother, hanging out with good family and friends. And that makes it easier to remember how lucky I am.

OMG! A few days without a job and I'm turning into a total sap!!!SAVE ME! IT WILL ONLY GET WORSE!
:)

We are watching "Rock & Rule". I loved this movie when it came out way back when and I was so excited when it was released on DVD last month. I LOVE it. Has anyone out there heard of it? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

5 Comments:

At 4:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you need to figure out who you are before you bother defining yourself through a man. No relationship will work until you figure that out.

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger /hg said...

Oh, I believe my ex hair metal boy not only has the DVD, but has a VHS "alternate Canadian version."

Of course, he also owns Voyage Of The Rock Aliens...

Come Tali, start brainstorming wonderful ideas for us to make lots of money.

 
At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Listen, I made an account just for you! I haven't known you long, but you have shown me again and again how strong you are. This is your time to be super strong and show the world what you've got

 
At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tali. Scott at The Globe here. Just found out (searched for your email and found this site...) That sucks! Send me a message if there's anything I can do...

S.

 
At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. I just wanted to give a quick greeting and tell you I enjoyed reading your material.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home