Monday, September 26, 2005

Ro and MSN, a match made in heaven.

Today is one crazy day with one major outcome.
I finally managed to convince Ro to come talk to me on MSN. Halle-freakin-lujah! It only took me a solid month of pouring out all my deepest darkest secrets to get him to talk to me. Stubborn difficult boy (and I mean that with nothing but affection). He and I have sent so many emails back and forth that it will be so interesting to have an actual real time interaction. I'm actually really excited. Communication breakthroughs are exhillarating. Yay Ro! Did you hear me? Do you see how happy I am now? :)

Nothing else to report. I just got back from IR's and meeting her beautiful baby girl who curled up in my arms and slept there for about 3 hours. She was so sweet. And making all sorts of faces. She was clearly dreaming. What do babies dream of? In a text message later, Ro asked if my clock was ticking. He was teasing. But it made me think. How do you know if your clock is ticking? I know i want kids one day. At least i do as of now. But i don't feel like I need to run out and have them now. I don't feel like i need to immediately find a man who will father my children tomorrow. So...is that what a ticking clock sounds like? Anxiety and pressure? Or is it more realizing that it is something you may/may not want? I don't know. Or what if the fact that I'm not more crazed means I don't really want children? Ok, I don't think that is it. I know I want them one day. Eventually.

I'm going out with RM tonight. I haven't seen him for about 4 years. He was the first guy to ever ask me out when I was 15. He gave me a rose. I was SO embarassed. The whole school knew about it. :)
I was the worst girlfriend. I had never kissed anyone and was so nervous about it, I refused to be alone with him. And so he dumped me for a friend of mine. Dirty rat. But we've stayed friends and get to catch up tonight. A little bit of football watching. FUN!

Alright, I am off to make my apartment pretty...and drink some water and hang out.

It is so windy out it is crazy. My plants are getting murdered outside.

Does anyone out there remember the first person who asked them out/who they asked out? What is the story?

4 Comments:

At 5:44 PM, Blogger Christy said...

I was 12 when I asked a boy to the movies. Yup, I started young. It was a disaster then and 17 years later, it still is.

 
At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's one I've never told you, Miss T... when I was 12 at camp, this guy asked me in a note "Will you go out with me?" . The next morning, I said yes, and POOF! he was my boyfriend. Later that night, we had a "social". I danced with him sometimes, and avoided him sometimes, knowing when the night ended, it would be time for our first goodnight kiss (my first ever!). I got so nervous when we walked me back to my bunk, that I dumped him then and there, to avoid the kiss.

And look at me now... I've kissed 88 (eighty-eight!) guys.

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger /hg said...

The first was a kid named Mike when I was 8.

All the other girls had boyfriends who were "fathers" to their Cabbage Patch Kids. It was a typical couple-types setting up their single friends situation. It was a brief, peer-pressure affair. It lasted maybe a day or two. He was a lot shorter than I.

The first official time was when I was 13. It was at a roller rink. I could deal with the fact that he was overweight... but not that he wore pink polo shirts with the collar up. I said no -- 20 minutes later he had asked out a girl with bad skin and a pechant for overly-cuteness (hearts, flowers, stuffed animals, etc). I, of course, was too busy enjoying the Sex Pistols, my twice-pierced ears and fame as being the school weirdo.

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

can you get pregnant via msn?

'cos my tummy is swelling...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home